Associate Professor Ali P. Gordon has accepted the position of the Associate Dean of Graduate Affairs for the College of Engineering and Computer Science. During the 2018-2019 academic year, Gordon held the appointment on an interim basis, and he transitions to this new role on Aug. 23.
Some of Gordon’s achievements as the interim dean of graduate affairs include:
- Advocating for the college at the university level
- Collaborating with CECS faculty and staff
- Demonstrating excellence in mentoring undergraduate and graduate students
- Increasing the number of applicants to the college’s doctoral programs
- Increasing the number of students enrolled in the college
Moving forward, Gordon is expected to focus on the college’s goal of a Bigger, Better Graduate Enterprise.
Gordon joined the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in 2006 as an assistant professor. He was also promoted to professor earlier this year, and that title will also be official in August.