Jihua ‘Jan’ Gou
Office: ENGR 1, Rm. 407D
Phone: (407) 823-2155
Website: Composite Materials & Structures Laboratory
Website: CATER: Center for Advanced Turbine and Energy Research
Ph.D. (Industrial & Manufacturing Eng.), Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2002
Ph.D. (Materials Eng.), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, 1999
M.S. (Materials Eng.), Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, 1996
B.S. (Materials Eng.), Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, 1993
Composite materials manufacturing; Mechanics of composite materials; Durability of composite materials; Nanocomposite materials; Advanced materials processing; Solid mechanics; Design and manufacturing.
- H. Xing, L. Sun, G. Song, J. Gou, and Y.W. Hao, “Surface Coating of Carbon Nanofibers/Nanotubes by Electrodeposition for Multifunctionalization,” Nanotechnology, 9, 25704, 2008.
- J. Gou, K. Anumakonda, and A. Khan, “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Functionalized Carbon Nanofibers and Polymer Resins,” International Journal of Nanoscience, 6(6), 1-10, 2007.
A. Khan, S. Shah, A. Mazen, and J. Gou, “Performance Evaluation of n-Type Carbon Nanotube Field Effect Transistors Using Ca as Contact Electrodes,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 4(6), 1160-1165, 2007.
- A. Khan, J. Gou, M. Imazumi, M. Yamaguchi, “Interaction of Electron Irradiation with Nitrogen-Related Deep Levels in InGaAsN,” Applied Physics Letters, 91, 043503, 2007.
- A. Khan, S. R. Kurtz, S. Prasad, S. W. Johnston, and J. Gou, “Correlation of Nitrogen Related Traps in InGaAsN with Solar Cells Properties,” Applied Physics Letters, 90, 243509, 2007.
- A. Khan, A. Freundlich, J. Gou, A. Gapud, M. Imazumi, and M. Yamaguchi, “Self-Annihilation of Electron Irradiation Induced Defects in InAsxP1-x/InP Multiquantum Well Solar Cell,” Applied Physics Letters, 90, 233111, 2007.
- J. Gou, S. O’Braint, H. Gu, and G. Song, “Damping Augmentation of Nanocomposites Using Carbon Nanofiber Paper,” Journal of Nanomaterials, Article ID 32803, 1-7, 2006.
- J. Gou, “Single-Walled Nanotube Bucky Paper and Nanocomposite,” Polymer International, 55(11), 1283-1288, 2006.
- J. Gou, B. Fan, G. Song, and A. Khan, “Study of Affinities Between Single-Walled Nanotube and Epoxy Resin Using Molecular Dynamics Simulations,” International Journal of Nanoscience, 5(1), 131-144, 2006.
- J. Gou and K.T. Lau, “Chapter 7. Modeling and Simulation of Carbon Nanotube/Polymer Nanocomposites,” Handbook of Theoretical and Computational Nanotechnology, edited by M. Rieth and W. Schommers, American Scientific Publishers, California, Vol. 8, 361-393, 2006.
Scientific and Professional Societies
- American Society of Engineering Education
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering
- Materials Research Society
Honors and Awards
- Editorial Board Members for Scientific Journals:
- Composites Part B: Engineering (published by ELSEVIER)
- Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience (published byAmerican Scientific Publishers)
- College Nomination for Research Excellence Award, University of South Alabama, 2007
- Best Poster Award, International Conference on Multiscale Materials Modeling, University of London, June 2002
- Who’s Who in the World, 24th Edition, 2007
- Who’s Who in America, 60th Edition, 2006
- Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 9th Edition, 2006