Office: ENGR 1, Rm. 217
Ph.D. (Materials Science), Institute for Problems of Materials Science, Kiev, Ukraine, 1993
M.S. (Ceramics), Kiev Polytechnic Institute, Kiev, Ukraine, 1984
Solid oxide fuel cells; Boron rich solids; Catalytically-active thin films; Perovskite membrane reactors for oxygen separation; Ceramic materials for energy security; In-situ Raman spectroscopy; TEM; XRD; Ferroelastic time dependent behavior of perovskites; Mechanical performance and reliability of ceramics; Design of residual stresses in ceramic-layered composites; Manufacturing of ceramic laminates; Ultra-high temperature ceramic composites.
- AC Terracciano, ST De Oliveira, SS Vasu, N Orlovskaya, LaCoO3 catalytically enhanced MgO partially stabilized ZrO2 in heterogeneous methane combustion, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 90, 330-335, 2018.
- Aman, A., Jordan, R., Chen, Y., Stadelman, R., Lugovy, M., Orlovskaya, N., Payzant, A., dela Cruz, C., Reece, M.J., Graule, T., Kuebler, J., Non-congruence of high temperature mechanical and structural behaviors of LaCoO3 based perovskites, J. Euro. Ceram. Soc., 37, 4, 1563-1576, 2017.
- Terracciano, A.C., De Oliveira, S., Vazquez-Molina, D., Uribe-Romo, F.J., Vasu, S.S., Orlovskaya, N., Effect of catalytically active Ce0.8Gd0.2O1.9 coating on the heterogeneous combustion of methane within MgO stabilized ZrO2 porous ceramics, Combustion and Flame, 180, 32-39, 2017.
- Terracciano, A.C., De Oliveira, S., Robayo, M., Vasu, S.S., Orlovskaya, N., Flow stabilized porous heterogeneous combustor. Part I: Design and development, Fuel Processing Technology, 159. 353-362, 2017.
- Terraciano, A.C., De Oliveira, S., Vasu, S.S., Orlovskaya, N. , Flow stabilized porous heterogeneous combustor. Part II: Operational parameters and the acoustic emission, Fuel Processing Technology, 159, 412-420, 2017.
- Xie, Z., DeLucca, V., Haber, R., Restrepo, D., Todd, J., Blair, R., Orlovskaya, N., Aluminum magnesium boride: synthesis, sintering and microstructure, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 116, 6, 341-347, 2017.
- Xie, Z., Blair, R.G., Orlovskaya, N., Cullen, D.A., Kata, D., Rutkowski, P., Lis, J., Qin, N., T-Raissi, A., Oxygen interaction with hexagonal OsB2 at high temperature, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 99, 12, 4057-4065, 2016.
- Lugovy, M., Slyunyayev, V., Orlovskaya, N., Reece, M., Graule, T., Kuebler, J., Cyclic fatigue effect in particulate ceramic composites, Journal of European Ceramic Society, 36, 3257-3266, 2016.
- Stadelmann, R., Lugovy, M., Orlovskaya, N., Mchaffey, P., Radovic, M., Sglavo, V.M., Grasso, S., Reece, M.J., Mechanical properties and residual stresses in ZrB2-SiC spark plasma sintered ceramic composites, Journal of European Ceramic Society, 36, 7, 1527-1537, 2016.
- Xie, Z., Terracciano, A., Cullen, D.A., Blair, R., Orlovskaya, N., In a search for an elusive IrB2: Can mechanochemistry help?, J. of Solid State Chemistry, 233, 108-119, 2016.
- Orlovskaya, N., Xie, Z., Blair, R.G., Mechanochemical synthesis and applications of new IrB2 and IrB powders, U.S. Provisional Patent, Serial No.: 62/069,299, Filed on October 27, 2014.
- Orlovskaya N.,Terracciano A., Dasgupta A., Liquid Fueled Porous Combustion Apparatus and Method, United States of America Patent 1335P047, 2014.
- Orlovskaya, N., Xie, Z., Blair, R.G., Mechanochemical synthesis of hexagonal OsB2, US Patent, filed on 1/16/2014, US 14/157,216
Scientific and Professional Societies
- Member of the Materials Research Society
- Member of the American Ceramic Society
Honors and Awards
- Member of Editorial Board “Advances in Applied Ceramics”, 2015
- Research Incentive Award, UCF, 2015
- Ecole Federale Polytechnique de Lausanne, Visiting Professor, Sabbatical, August 2013-April 2014
- University of Santiago, Chile, Visiting Professor, December 2011, December 2012
- UCF Lockheed Martin Faculty Fellow 2010-2012.
- DoE NETL Faculty Summer Visit, July-August 2009.
- EMPA Federal Institute for Materials Testing and Research, Visiting Professorship, June 2009, June 2010, June 2011, June-July 2012, May-July 2014.
- NATO ARW Award to organize a workshop on Boron Rich Solids at UCF, 2009.
- Career Award, NSF, 2008.
- Royal Society Travel Award, Queen Mary, University of London, UK, 2007-2008.