Ph.D. (Materials Science & Eng.), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2007
B.S. (Physics), University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN, 2001
B.S. (Applied Mathematics), University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN, 2001
Thermal management; Magneto-optics; Advanced energy storage and conversion; Bio-molecular interfaces; Thermodynamics; Materials manufacturing.
- Shawn A. Putnam, Alejandro M. Briones, Jamie S. Ervin, Michael S. Hanchak, Larry W. Byrd, and John G. Jones, “Interfacial heat transfer during microdroplet evaporation on a laser heated surface.” Int. J. Heat & Mass Transfer 55, 6307 (2012).
- Shawn A. Putnam, Alejandro M. Briones, Jamie S. Ervin, Larry W. Byrd, John G. Jones, Michael S. Hanchak, and Ashley White, “Microdroplet evaporation on superheated surfaces.” Int. J. Heat & Mass Transfer 55, 5793 (2012).
- Shawn A. Putnam, David G. Cahill, and Gerald C. L. Wong, “Temperature dependence of thermodiffusion in aqueous suspensions of charged nanoparticles.” Langmuir 23, 9221 (2007).
- Shawn A. Putnam, Zhenbin Ge, Robert G. Shimmin, David G. Cahill, and Paul V. Braun, “Thermal conductivity of nanoparticle suspensions.” J. Appl. Phys. 99, 084308 (2006).
- Shawn A. Putnam, David G. Cahill, Benjamin J. Ash, and Linda S. Schadler, “High-precision thermal conductivity measurements as a probe of polymer/nanoparticle interfaces.” J. Appl. Phys. 94, 6785 (2003).