Kuo-Chi "Kurt" Lin
Kuo-Chi "Kurt" Lin received his Ph.D. in aerospace engineering from the University of Michigan in 1990. After that, he joined UCF as a faculty member.
• Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1990
• M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1986
• M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, 1979
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, 1975
- Modeling and simulation
- Swarming robots
- Renewable energy
- Vishwakarma, P., Xu, Y., Lin, K. C., “Optimal Power Planning of Wind Turbines in a Wind Farm”, American Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Volume 6, Issue 2, March 2017, pp 7-15. DOI: 10.11648/j.epes.20170602.11
- Shen, H., Perkins, N. H., Lin, K. C., Zarmehr, A., “Energy Saving Formation Flight: A Review of the Past, Present, and Future”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology & Science, Vol. 4, No. 3, May 2016, pp 35-40.
- Ham, C., Lin, K. C., “A Propellantless Propulsion Utilizing a Gossamer Sail and Its Application to LEO Spacecraft: Space Debris Mitigation and Attitude Control”, Frontiers in Aerospace Engineering (FAE), Vol. 5, Iss. 1, May 2016, pp. 38-48. doi: 10.12783/fae.2016.0501.04
- Ham, C., Lin, K. C., Deng, W., “Design of a Solar Balloon Testing Facility”, International Review of Basic and Applied Sciences (IRBAS), vol. 4, Iss. 4, April 2016, pp. 39-45.
- Peng, J., Li, S., Zhu, C., Liu, W., Zhu, Z, Lin, K. C., “A joint subcarrier selection and power allocation scheme using variational inequality in OFDM-based cognitive relay networks”, Wireless Communications Mobile Computing, March 2015, DOI: 10.1002/wcm.2581
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2003
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Excellence in Faculty Advising Award, 2010
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics senior member