- Pathak, B., Basu, S. and Kumar, R.,. “Dynamics of Droplet Break-Up” in Droplet and Sprays: Application for Combustion and Propulsion, Springer Nature Singapore (2018).
- R. Kumar, “Two-Phase flow microstructures in thin geometries: Multi-field modeling,” Ch. 5 in Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Microstructures and Nanostructures, Eds. Faghri and Sunden, WIT Press, pp. 173-224, 2004.
- Li, K O. Davis, R Kumar, and A Kar, Diffraction and thermal effect of a Bessel-Gaussian laser for Ag nanoparticle deposition, Optics Express, 30, Issue 11, pp. 19246-19272 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.455313.
- Palogan, M. Nooranidoost, S. Bhattacharya, R. Kumar, Single T-junction formation in a flow-focusing microchannel, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 26, Article 81, (2022)
- F. Mousumi, G. Gregory, J.P. Ganesan, C. Nunez, K. Provancha, S. Seren, H. Zunft, T. Jurca, P. Banerjee, A. Kar, R. Kumar, K. O. Davis, “Process–Structure–Properties Relationships of Passivating, Electron-Selective Contacts Formed by Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition of Phosphorus-Doped Polysilicon” Physica Status Solidi (RRL) – Rapid Research Letters, 16, Issue 5, 2100639, (2022).
- M Nooranidoost, R Kumar, Deformation of an Encapsulated Leukemia HL60 Cell through Sudden Contractions of a Microfluidic Channel, Micromachines, 12(4), 355 (2021). https://doi.org/10.3390/mi12040355
- Li, A Kar, and R Kumar, “Volumetric laser heating of nanosuspension microdroplets: Slow evaporation to mid-air explosion,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 177, 121433, (2021).
- Pathak, E. Castillo-Orozco, R. Kumar, A. Kar and H.J. Cho, “Effect of laser power on conductivity and morphology of silver nanoparticle thin films prepared by a laser assisted electrospray deposition method,” J. Laser Applications 33, 012034 (2021). https://doi.org/10.2351/7.0000331.
- E Castillo-Orozco, R Kumar, A Kar, Thermal response of Bessel beam-heated microdroplets carrying nanoparticles for deposition, Journal of Laser Applications, 33, 012043 (2021). https://doi.org/10.2351/7.0000332
- T Li, R Kumar, A Kar, Enhanced heating by microdroplet lens in nanoparticle electrospray laser deposition- J Laser Applications, 33, 012012 (2021) https://doi.org/10.2351/7.0000317
- Nooranidoost and R. Kumar. “Improving viability of leukemia cells by tailoring shell fluid rheology in constricted microcapillary,” Scientific Reports 10.1: 1-11, (2020).
- Castillo-Orozco, A. Kar and R. Kumar, “Non-dimensional groups for electrospray modes of highly conductive and viscous nanoparticle suspensions,” Scientific Reports 10, 4405, (2020).
- B Palogan, R Kumar, S Bhattacharya, Effect of surface coating on droplet generation in flow-focusing microchannels, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics 24, 72 (2020)
- T Li, A Kar, R Kumar, Uniform and Gaussian Ultraviolet Light Intensity Distribution on Droplet for Selective Area Deposition of Particles, Fluids Eng., 142(9): 094503 (2020) https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4047122
- T. Li, A. Kar and R. Kumar, “Marangoni circulation by UV light modulation on sessile drop for particle agglomeration,” J. Fluid Mech. 873, pp. 72-88 (2019).
- Castillo-Orozco, E., Kumar, R., & Kar, A., “Laser-induced subwavelength structures by microdroplet superlens,” Opt. Express 27, 8130-8142 (2019).
- Castillo-Orozco, E., Kumar, R. & Kar, A., “Laser electrospray printing of nanoparticles on flexible and rigid substrates,” J. Laser Appl. 31, 022015 (2019).
- M. Nooranidoost, M. Haghshenas, M. Muradoglu, R. Kumar, “Cell encapsulation modes in a flow‑focusing microchannel: effects of shell fluid viscosity,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 23:31 (2019).
- J. Wilson, M. Haghshenas and R. Kumar, “Phase change mechanism for evaporation in porous media using volume of fluid: Implicit formulation of interfacial temperature,” Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, 103, pp. 90-99 (2019).
- M. Nooranidoost and R. Kumar, “Geometry Effects of Axisymmetric Flow-Focusing Microchannels for Single Cell Encapsulation,” Materials, 12(17), 2811, (2019).
- T. Li, A. Kar and R. Kumar, “Concentration distribution of photosensitive liquid in a droplet under UV light,” J. Fluids Eng., https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4044442 (2019).
- K. Hanthanan Arachchilage, M. Haghshenas, S. Park, L. Zhou, Y. Sohn, B. McWilliams, K. Cho, R. Kumar, “Numerical simulation of high-pressure gas atomization of two-phase flow: Effect of gas pressure on droplet size distribution,” Advanced Powder Technology, in press ( 2019).
- Haghshenas, M., Wilson, J. & Kumar, R. Finite Volume Ghost Fluid Method Implementation of Interfacial Forces in PISO Loop. Journal of Computational Physics, 2018. (IF: 2.744).
- M. Haghshenas, J.A. Wilson and R. Kumar, “Algebraic coupled level set-volume of fluid method for surface tension dominant two-phase flow,” Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 90, pp. 13-28, 2017.
- Castillo-Orozco, E., Kar, A. & Kumar, R. Electrospray mode transition of microdroplets with semiconductor nanoparticle suspension. Scientific Reports 7, 5144 (2017).
- A. Karbalaei, R. Kumar and H.J. Cho, “Thermocapillarity in Microfluidics – A Review,” Micromachines, 7(1), 13, 2016.
E. Castillo-Orozco, A. Davanlou, P.K. Choudhury and R. Kumar, “Droplet Impact on Deep Liquid Pools: Formation of Rayleigh Jet and Daughter Droplets,” Physical Review E,92, 053022, 2015. doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.92.053022.
A.Davanlou and R. Kumar, “Passive mixing enhancement of microliter droplets in a thermocapillary environment,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 19(6), pp. 1507- 1513, 2015. doi: 10.1007/s10404-015-1656-3.
A.Davanlou and R. Kumar, “Counter-current motion of a droplet levitated on a liquid film undergoing Marangoni convection,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 89, pp. 345-352, 2015. doi:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2015.05.036.
A.Davanlou and R. Kumar, “Thermally induced collision of droplets in an immiscible outer fluid,” Scientific Reports (Nature), Vol. 5, Article # 9531, 2015. Doi: 10.1038/srep09531.
A. Davanlou, J. D. Lee, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Effect of viscosity and surface tension on breakup and coalescence of bicomponent sprays,” Chem. Eng. Sci., 131, pp. 243-255, 2015. Doi:10.1016/j.ces.2015.03.057.
J. D. Wehking and R. Kumar, “Droplet actuation in an electrified microfluidic network,” Lab on a Chip, 15(3), pp. 793-801, 2015.
A. Davanlou, H.J. Cho and R. Kumar, “Motion of spherical droplets against Marangoni convection flow in a thin liquid film,” J. Heat Transfer, 136(8), 080915, 2014.
J.D. Wehking, M. Gabany, L. Chew, R. Kumar, “Effects of viscosity, interfacial tension, and flow geometry on droplet formation in a microfluidic T-junction,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 16, pp. 441-453, 2014.
A. Miglani, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Suppression of instabilities in burning droplets using preferential acoustic perturbations,” Combustion and Flame, 161 (12), pp. 3181-3190, 2014.
A. Sanyal, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Experimental analysis of shape deformation of evaporating droplet using Legendre polynomials,” Physics Letters A, 378, pp. 539-548, 2014.
A. Miglani, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Insight into Instabilities in burning droplets for engineering new generation fuel droplets,” Physics of Fluids, 26, 032101, 2014.
P. Deepu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Multimodal shape oscillations of droplets excited by an air stream,” Chem. Eng. Sci., 114, pp. 85-93, 2014.
A. Gupta, H.S. Matharoo, D. Makkar and R. Kumar, “Droplet Formation via Squeezing Mechanism in a Microfluidic Flow-Focusing Device,” Computers and Fluids, 100, pp. 218-226, 2014.
J.D. Wehking, L. Chew and R. Kumar, “Droplet deformation and manipulation in an electrified microchannel,” Appl. Phys. Lett, 103, 054101, 2013.
R. Shabani, R. Kumar and H.J. Cho, “Droplets on liquid surfaces: Dual equilibrium states and their energy barrier,” Appl. Phys. Lett, 102, 184101, 2013.
J. Wilson, J.D. Wehking and R. Kumar, “Uniform alumina microspheres from Temperature Induced Forming in a microfluidic T-junction,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 103, 203115, 2013.
S. Basu, E. Tijerino and R. Kumar, “Insight into morphology changes of nanoparticle laden droplets in acoustic field,” Appl. Phys. Lett, 102, 141602, 2013.
B. Pathak, P. Deepu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Modeling of agglomeration inside a droplet with nanosuspensions in an acoustic field,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 59, pp. 161-166, 2013.
P. Deepu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Vaporization Dynamics of Functional Droplets in a Hot Laminar Air Jet,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 33, Issues 1-22, pp. 69-79, 2013.
S. Basu, A. Saha and R. Kumar, “Criteria for Thermally Induced Atomization and Catastrophic Breakup of Acoustically Levitated Droplet,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 59, pp. 316–327, 2013.
A. Miglani, D. Joo, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Nucleation Dynamics and Pool Boiling Characteristics of High Pressure Refrigerant Using Thermochromic Liquid Crystals,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 60, pp. 188-200, 2013.
B. Pathak, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Heat and Mass Transfer and Chemical Transformation in a cerium nitrate droplet, Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 63, pp. 301-312, 2013.
E. Tijerino, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Nanoparticle agglomeration in an evaporating levitated droplet for different acoustic amplitudes,” J Applied Physics, 113, 034307, 2013.
P. Deepu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Dynamics and Fracture of ligaments from a droplet on a vibrating surface,” Physics of Fluids, 25, 082106, 2013.
J. D. Lee and R. Kumar, “Laboratory Study of Hydrogen Sulfide Removal in Slug Flows in a High Pressure Crude Oil Loop,” J. Petroleum Science and Engineering, 103, pp. 72–79, 2013.
D. Vazquez and R. Kumar, “Surface Effects of Ribbon Heaters on Critical Heat Flux in Nanofluid Boiling,” Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, 41, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- J. D. Lee, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Comparison and Cross-Validation of Optical Techniques in Different Swirl Spray Regimes,” Atomization and Sprays, 23(8), pp.697-724, 2013.
A. Saha, J. Lee, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Breakup and Coalescence Characteristics of a Hollow Cone Swirling Spray,” Physics of Fluids, 24, 124103, 2012.
A. Saha, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Scaling Analysis: Equivalence of Convective and Radiative Heating of Levitated Droplet,” Applied Physics Letters, 100, 204104, 2012.
A. Saha, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Thermally Induced Secondary Atomization of Droplet in an Acoustic Field,” Applied Physics Letters, 100, Issue 5, 054101, 2012.
P. Deepu, S. Basu, A. Saha and R. Kumar, “Spreading and Atomization of Droplets on a Vibrating Surface in a Standing Pressure Field,” Applied Physics Letters, 101, 143108, 2012.
A. Saha, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Effects of Acoustic Streaming-induced Flow in Evaporating Nanofluid Droplets,” J Fluid Mechanics, 692, pp. 207-219, 2012.
X. Gu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Dispersion and Vaporization of Biofuels and Conventional Fuels in a Crossflow Pre-mixer,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 56, Issues 1-3, pp. 336-346, 2012; featured online on Renewable Energy Global Innovations http://reginnovations.com
A. Saha, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Particle Image Velocimetry and Infrared Thermography in a Levitated Droplet with Nanosilica Suspensions,” Experiments in Fluids, 52, pp. 795-807, 2012.
A. Saha, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Velocity and Rotation Measurements in Acoustically Levitated Droplets,” Physics Letters A, 376, Issue 45, 3185-3191, 2012.
X. Gu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Vaporization and Collision Modeling of Liquid Fuel Sprays in a Co-axial Fuel and Air Pre-mixer,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 55, Issues 19-20, pp. 5322-5335, 2012.
- X. Gu, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Correlations of Vaporization Performance of Conventional and Biofuel Sprays in a Crossflow Heated Chamber,” Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, 39, Issue 10, pp. 1478-1486, 2012.
E. Yakshi-Tafti, R. Kumar and H.J. Cho, “Measurement of Surface Interfacial Tension as a function of temperature Using Pendant Droplet Images,” Int. J. Optomechatronics, 5, pp. 393-403, 2011.
N. Aminimanesh, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Modeling of a Reacting Nanofilm on a Composite Substrate,” Energy, 36, Issue 3, pp. 1688-1697, 2011.
L.Zea, D. Cooper and R. Kumar, “Hydrogen Sulfide Absorption Phenomena in Brine/Oil Mixtures,” SPE Journal, 16 (4), pp. 931-939, 2011.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Two-Dimensional Lattice Boltzmann Model for Droplet Impingement and Breakup in Low Density Ratio Liquid,” Comm. Comp. Phys., 10, pp. 767-784, 2011.
E. Yakshi-Tafti, H.J. Cho and R. Kumar, “Diffusive Mixing through Velocity Profile Variation in Microchannels,” Experiments in Fluids, 50, #3, pp. 535-545, 2011.
E. Yakshi-Tafti, H.J. Cho and R. Kumar, “Backward Facing Step Flow in Microchannels Using Particle Image Velocimetry,” J Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 25, #1, pp. 96-103, 2011.
- E. Yakshi-Tafti, G. Londe, A. Chunder, L. Zhai, R. Kumar and H.J. Cho, “Wettability Control and Flow Regulation using a Nanostructure-embedded Surface,” J. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 11, pp. 1-4, 2011.
R. Kumar, E. Tijerino, A. Saha and S. Basu, “Structural morphology of acoustically levitated and heated nanosilica droplet,” Applied Physics Letters, 97, 123106, 2010.
A.Saha, S. Basu, C. Suryanarayana and R. Kumar, “Experimental Analysis of Thermophysical Processes in Acoustically Levitated Heated Droplets,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 53, pp.5663-5674, 2010.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Flow Regime Transition at High Capillary Numbers in a Microfluidic T-junction: Viscosity Contrast and Geometry Effect,” Physics of Fluids, 22, 122001, 2010.
N. Aminimanesh, S. Basu and R. Kumar, “Experimental Flame Speed in Multi-Layered Nano-Energetic Materials,” Combustion and Flame, 157, # 3, pp. 476-480, 2010.
S.M.S. Murshed, K. Vereen, D. Strayer and R. Kumar, “Experimental Investigation of Bubble Nucleation of a Refrigerant in Pressurized Boiling Flows,” Energy, 35, pp.5143-5150, 2010.
A.Saha, R. Kumar and S. Basu, “Infrared thermography and numerical study of vaporization characteristics of pure and blended bio-fuel droplets,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 53, pp. 3862-3873, 2010.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Effect of Geometry on Droplet Formation in the Squeezing Regime in a Microfluidic T-Junction,” J Microfluidics Nanofluidics, 8, pp. 799-812, 2010.
E. Yakshi-Tafti, H.J. Cho and R. Kumar, “Droplet Actuation on a Liquid Layer Due to Thermocapillary Motion: Shape Effect,” Applied Physics Letters, 96, 264101, 2010.
L. Zea, A.R. Diaz and C.K. Shepherd, R. Kumar, “Surface Extra Vehicular Activity Emergency Scenario Management: Tools, Procedures and Geologically-Related Implications,” Acta Astronautica, 67, pp. 60-70, 2010.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Droplet impingement and breakup on a dry surface,” Computers and Fluids, 39, Issue 9, pp. 1696-1703, 2010.
S. Basu, D. E. Lambe and R. Kumar, “Water Vapor and Carbon dioxide Species Measurements in Narrow Channels,” Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, 53, Issue 4, pp. 703-714, 2010.
- E. Yakshi-Tafti, H.J. Cho and R. Kumar, “Impact of Drops on the Surface of Immiscible Liquids,” J. Colloid and Interface Science, 350, pp. 373–376, 2010.
E. Yakhshi-Tafti, H.J. Cho, and R. Kumar, “Discrete Droplet Manipulation on Liquid Platforms using Thermal Gradients,” Procedia Chemistry, 1, pp. 1519-1522, 2009.
A.Gupta, S.M.S. Murshed and R. Kumar, “Droplet Formation and Stability of Flows in a Microfluidic T-Junction,” Applied Physics Letters, 94, 164107, 2009.
R. Kumar and D. Milanova, “Effect of Surface Tension on Nanotube Nanofluids,” Applied Physics Letters, 94, p. 073107, 2009; also featured in Virtual J Nanoscale Science and Technology, Mar 2, 2009.
P. Sachdeva and R. Kumar, “Effect of Hydration Layer and Surface Wettability in Enhancing Thermal Conductivity of Nanofluids,” Applied Physics Letters, 95, 223105, 2009; also featured in Virtual J Biological Physics, Dec 15, 2009.
R. Kumar and D. Milanova, “Dispersion and Surface Characteristics of Nano-Oxide Suspensions,” Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 1161, pp.472-483, 2009.
- X. Gu, A. Gupta and R. Kumar, “Lattice Boltzmann Simulation of Drop Collision and Surface Impingement at High Density Ratio,” J. Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 23, No. 4, pp. 773-785, 2009.
A.Mishra, N. Hasan, S. Sanghi and R. Kumar, “Two-Dimensional Buoyancy Driven Thermal Mixing in a Horizontally Partitioned Adiabatic Enclosure,” Physics of Fluids, 20, 063601, 2008.
E.Yakshi-Tafti, R. Kumar and J. Cho, “Effect of Laminar Velocity Profile Variation on Mixing in Microfluidic Devices-The Sigma Micromixer,” Applied Physics Letters, 93, 143504, 2008.
D. Milanova and R. Kumar, “Heat Transfer Behavior of Silica Nanoparticles in Pool Boiling Experiment,” J. Heat Transfer, 130, 042401-2, 2008 (Top 10 Most Downloaded Articles — April 2008).
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Lattice Boltzmann Simulation to Study Multiple Bubble Dynamics,” International J Heat and Mass Transfer, 51, pp.5192-5203, 2008.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Role of Brownian motion on the thermal conductivity enhancement of nanofluids,” Applied Physics Letters, 91, 223102, 2007.
A.Gupta and R. Kumar, “Three-Dimensional Turbulent Swirling Flow in a Cylinder: Experiments and Computations,” International J Heat and Fluid Flow, 28, pp.249-261, 2007.
R. Kumar, A. Sleiti, J. Kapat, “Unsteady Laminar Buoyant Flow Through Rectangular Vents in Large Enclosures,” J. Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 20, No. 2, pp. 276-284, 2006.
D. Milanova and R. Kumar, “Role of Ions in Pool Boiling Heat Transfer of Pure and Silica Nanofluids,” Applied Physics Letters, 87, p. 233107, 2005.
P.F. Vassallo, R. Kumar and S. D’Amico, “Pool boiling heat transfer experiments in silica-water nanofluids,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 47, pp. 407-411, 2004.
R. Kumar, C.C. Maneri and T.D. Strayer, “Modeling and numerical prediction of flow boiling in a thin geometry,” J. Heat Transfer, 126, pp. 22-33, 2004.
R. Kumar, T.A. Trabold and C.C. Maneri, “Experiments and modeling in bubbly flows at elevated pressures,” J. Fluids Engineering, 125, pp. 469-478, 2003
R. Kumar and T.A. Trabold, “Effect of pressure with wall heating in annular two-Phase Flow,” J. Fluids Engineering, 125, pp. 84-96, 2003.
R. Kumar, M. Gottmann and K.R. Sridhar, “Film thickness and wave velocity measurements in a vertical duct,” J. Fluids Engineering, 124, pp. 634-642, 2002.
P.F. Vassallo, T.A. Trabold and R. Kumar, “Slug to annular flow transitions in a vertical duct,” Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 27, pp. 119-145, 2001.
T.A. Trabold and R. Kumar, “High pressure annular two-phase flows in a narrow duct – Part I: local measurements in the droplet Field, J. Fluids Engineering, 122, pp. 364-374, 2000.
R. Kumar and T.A. Trabold, “High pressure annular two-phase flows in a narrow duct – Part II: three-field modeling, J. Fluids Engineering, 122, pp. 375-383, 2000.
T.A. Trabold and R. Kumar, “Vapor core turbulence in annular two-phase flow,” Experiments in Fluids, 28, pp. 187-194, 2000.
T.A. Trabold, R. Kumar and P.F. Vassallo, “Experimental study of dispersed droplets in high pressure annular flows,” J. Heat Transfer, 121, pp. 924-933, 1999.
G.J. Kirouac, T.A. Trabold, P.F. Vassallo, W.E. Moore and R. Kumar, “Instrumentation Development for Multi-Dimensional Two-Phase Modeling,” J. Experimental Thermal FluidScience, 20 (2), pp.79-93, 1999.
P.F. Vassallo and R. Kumar, “Liquid and Gas Velocity Measurements Using LDV in Air-Water Duct Flow,” J. Experimental Thermal Fluid Science, 19, pp.85-92, 1999.
R. Kumar, “Three-Dimensional Natural Convective Flow in a Vertical Annulus with Longitudinal Fins,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 40, No. 14, pp. 3323-3334, 1997.
T.A. Conover, R. Kumar and J.S. Kapat, “Buoyant Pulsating Exchange Flow through a Vent,” J. Heat Transfer, 117, pp. 641-648, 1995.
M. Singhal and R. Kumar, “Unsteady Buoyancy Exchange Flow through a Horizontal Partition,” J. Heat Transfer, 117, No.2, pp. 515-520, 1995.
V.R. Desai, N.M. Aziz and R. Kumar, “Advances in Cross-Flow Turbine Technology,” Int. Water Power, pp. 50-56, April, 1994.
R. Kumar and S. Kannan, “Drop Size Measurement in a Two-Phase Swirling Flow Using Image Processing Techniques,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 37, No. 4, pp. 559-570, 1994.
R. Kumar and T.A. Conover, “Flow Visualization Studies of a Swirling Flow in a Cylinder,” J. Experimental Thermal Science, 7, No. 3, pp. 254-262, 1993.
S. Ramanathan and R. Kumar, “Correlations for Natural Convection Between Heated Vertical Plates,” J. Heat Transfer, 113, No. 1, pp. 97-107, 1991.
R. Kumar and M.A. Kalam, “Laminar thermal convection between vertical coaxial isothermal cylinders,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 34, No. 2, pp. 513-524, 1991.
R. Kumar and M. Keyhani, “Flow Visualization Studies of Natural Convective Flow in a Horizontal Cylindrical Annulus,” J. Heat Transfer, 112, No. 3, pp. 784-787, 1990.
J. Khan and R. Kumar, “Natural Convection in Vertical Annuli: A Numerical Study for Constant Heat Flux on the Inner Wall,” J. Heat Transfer, 111, No. 4, pp. 909-915, 1989.
R. Kumar, “Laboratory Studies of Thermal Convection in the Interface Under a Stable Layer,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 32, pp. 735-749, 1989.
R. Kumar and T.D. Yuan, “Recirculating Mixed Convection Flow in Rectangular Cavities,” J. Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 3, pp. 321-329, 1989.
R. Kumar, “Study of Natural Convection in Horizontal Annuli,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 31, pp. 1147-1158, 1988.
S. Ramanathan and R. Kumar, “Comparison of Boundary Fitted Coordinates with Finite Element Approach for Solution of Conduction Problems,” Numerical Heat Transfer, 14, pp. 187-211, 1988.
D.N. Mahony, R. Kumar and E.H. Bishop, “Numerical Investigation of Variable Property Effects on Laminar Natural Convection of Gases in Horizontal Cylindrical Annuli,” J. Heat Transfer, 108, pp. 783-789, 1986.
- R. Kumar and R.J. Adrian, “Higher Order Moments in the Entrainment Zone of Unsteady Turbulent Penetrative Convection,” J. Heat Transfer, 108, pp. 323-329, 1986.