Office: ENG I, Room 215
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 2-5:30 p.m.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, 2012 -2014
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, 2009-2012
- B.S. in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 2003-2009
- Renewable energy
- Wind turbine aeromechanics and wind farm optimization
- Low-speed aerodynamics
- Wind tunnel testing
- Vortex flow dynamics
- Particle Image Velocimetry and flow-structure interactions
- W. Tian, A. Ozbay, and H. Hu, “A wind tunnel study of wind loads on a model wind turbine in atmospheric boundary layer winds", Journal of Fluids and Structures, Vol. 85, pp17-26, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2018.12.
- W. Tian, A. Ozbay, and H. Hu, “An experimental investigation on the aeromechanics and wake interferences of wind turbines sited over complex terrain". Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.172, pp379-394, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jweia.2017.11.018.
- ZY Wang, W. Tian, A. Ozbay and H. Hu, “An Experimental Study on the Aerodynamic Performances and Wake Characteristics of an Innovative Dual-Rotor Wind Turbine", Energy, Vol. 147, pp94-109, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2018.01.020
- Tian, A. Ozbay and H. Hu, “An Experimental Investigation on the Wake Interference Among Wind Turbines Sited in Aligned and Staggered Wind Farms”. Wind Energy, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp100-114, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1002/we.2147.
- Tian, A. Ozbay, XD Wang, and H. Hu, “Experimental investigation on the wake interference among wind turbines sited in atmospheric boundary layer winds". Acta Mechanica Sinica, Vol. 33, No.4,pp742–753, Springer, 2017. DOI: 10.1007/s10409-017-0684-5.
- Wang. W Tian, A. Ozbay, A. Sharma and H. Hu, “An Experimental Study on the Aeromechanics and Wake Characteristics of a Novel Twin‐Rotor Wind Turbine in a Turbulent Boundary Layer Flow", Experiments in Fluids, 57:150 (17 pages), 2016. DOI 10.1007/s00348-016-2233-6.
- Ozbay, W. Tian and H. Hu, “An Experimental Investigation On The Wake Characteristics and Aeromechanics of Dual-Rotor Wind Turbines", ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol.138, No.4, 042602 (15 pages). DOI:10.1115/1.4031476.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering
- Iowa Wind Energy Association
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics