Professor Yoav Peles is the chair of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at UCF. Prior to joining UCF, he was the director of the mechanical engineering program and the associate department head for graduate studies at the Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Peles studies convective heat transfer in micro domains. His publication record includes close to 110 peer reviewed journal papers, about 55 conference papers, several patents, four book chapters, and a book titled "Contemporary Perspective on Flow Boiling Instabilities in Microchannels."
He has organized and co-organized several international conferences and workshops including the ASME International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels, and Minichannels in 2013, the International Workshop on Micro and Nano Structures for Phase Change Heat Transfer, and the first Gordon Research Conference on Micro and Nanoscale Phase Change Heat Transfer. He is also a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineering.
- Heat transfer
- Micro scale
- Phase change
- Wang Y., Shin J.-H., Woodcock C., Yu X., and Peles Y., “Local, transient heat transfer measurements for flow boiling in a microchannel with a pin fin,” accepted to the International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2019)
- Woodcock C., Ng’oma C., Sweet M., Wang Y., Peles Y., and Plawsky J., “Ultra-high heat flux management with Piranha Pin Fins,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 128, pp. 504-515, 2019.
- Nayebzadeh A., Tabkhi H., and Peles Y., “Hydrodynamic cavitation downstream a micro pillar entrained inside a microchannel — a parametric study,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, 141(1), 011101, 2019.
- Xing W., Plawsky J., Woodcock C., Yu X., Ullmann A., Brauner N., and Peles Y., “Liquid-liquid phase separation heat transfer in advanced micro structures,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 127, pp. 989-1000, 2018.
- Xing W., Ullmann A., Brauner N., Plawsky J., and Peles Y., “Advancing micro scale cooling by utilizing liquid-liquid phase separation,” Scientific Reports, 8:12093, 2018
- Wang Y., Shin J.-H., Woodcock C., Yu X., and Peles Y., “Experimental and numerical study about local heat transfer in a microchannel with a pin fin,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 121, pp. 534-546, 2018.
- Vutha A.K., Rozenfeld T., Shin J.H., Rao R., Wang Y., Ziskind G., and Peles Y., “Spatial temperature resolution in single-phase micro slot jet impingement cooling,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 118, pp. 720-733, 2018.
- Nayebzadeh A., Wang Y., Tabkhi H., Shin J.-H., and Peles Y., “Cavitation behind a circular micro pillar,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 98, pp. 67-78, 2018.
- Prominent Researcher Award, ASME International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels, and Minichannels, 2016
- Best Paper Award, ASME International Technical Conference and Exhibition on Packaging and Integration of Electronics and Photonic Microsystems, 2015
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- EML 3101: Thermodynamics of Mechanical Systems
- EML 4142: Heat Transfer I
- EML 4411: Mechanical Power Systems