UCF Alumni has announced its annual 30 Under 30 Award winners, and three of them have graduated from the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. These accomplished graduates were chosen for their great professional success, commitment to helping others and track record of giving back to UCF and their local community:
- Luke Steinberg, 14, B.S.AE
- Kadi Gashlin, ‘19, B.S.AE
- Quentin Fouliard, ‘19, Ph.D.
“Every year, UCF Alumni’s 30 Under 30 classes are made up of extraordinary young alumni. This year’s class is no exception,” says Chris Garcia ’12 ’13MBA, chair of the Young Alumni Council. “These young leaders are impressive in many ways, they represent our alma mater with prestige and Knight pride. They are committed to success in every area of their life and are champions for what they believe in. On behalf of the Young Alumni Council, I extend my sincerest congratulations on this well-deserved accomplishment.”
Nominations for the awards were accepted online from Oct. 23, 2020 until Dec. 4, 2020. Nominations were reviewed and scored by UCF staff and previous award recipients, and winners were selected by the UCF Young Alumni Council. The finalists were then confirmed by the UCF Alumni Board based on the following criteria:
- Must be a graduate of the UCF (undergraduate or graduate degree)
- Must be age 29 or under on June 1, 2021
- Must demonstrate a commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with Knights and strive to uphold UCF Young Alumni values
The 2021 award recipients are scheduled to be honored in a celebratory event on May 22.