Skip to main content

Elevate Your Education

Take your career to new heights with a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from UCF. Through this program, students will conduct in-depth research in the areas of aerospace systems, mechanical systems or thermofluids. 

  • Can apply with a bachelor’s degree
  • Funding available
  • Located in Orlando, Florida, near Siemens, Lockheed Martin, Boeing and NASA

Jihua “Jan” Gou, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator

Admissions and Advising

In addition to the general UCF graduate application requirements, applicants to this program must provide:

  • One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended
  • Official, competitive GRE score taken within the last five years
  • Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a closely related discipline
  • Résumé
  • Statement about educational, research, and professional career objectives
  • Three letters of recommendation

Please note that UCF now accepts unofficial transcripts with your application.

For specific questions regarding the degree, please contact our graduate faculty advisor, Professor Jihua “Jan” Gou.


The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering offers funding via fellowships, teaching assistantships and research assistantships. For more information on funding opportunities and the degree itself, visit the UCF Graduate Catalog.

Licensure or Certification

While licensure or certification may be available in this field of study, our program does not directly lead to such licensure or certification upon graduation. The professional preparation you receive in our program meets the educational requirements for licensure as a professional engineer and may still assist you in such pursuits; however, the licensing authority and requirements for professional engineers falls under the jurisdiction of the licensing board for the state, territory, or foreign entity in which engineer practices.

If you intend to pursue such credentialing in your state or elsewhere, we strongly advise you to contact the applicable state credentialing authority to familiarize yourself with its specific requirements. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact undergraduate advisor Lynn Grabenhorst with questions in this regard and we will do our best to assist you in your career planning.