Phone: 407-823-4841 or 407-266-7130
Offices: ENG I, Room 445 and BSBS, Room 223
Website: Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Device Lab
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:45-4:45 p.m.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2018
- Ph.D. in Engineering, University of Washington, 2016
- Master of Engineering, Korea University, 2006
- Bachelor of Engineering, Korea University, 2004
- Prosthetic devices
- Exoskeletal devices
- Musculoskeletal analysis
- Neural control
- Ingraham K*, Choi H*, Gardinier E, CD Remy, D Gates, Choosing appropriate prosthetic ankle work to reduce the metabolic cost of individuals with transtibial amputation. Scientific Reports 2018; 15303, DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-33569-7 (*These authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Choi H, Peters K, MacConnell M, Katie L, Eckert E, and Steele KM, Impact of ankle foot orthosis stiffness on Achilles and gastrocnemius function during unimpaired gait. Journal of Biomechanics 2017;64:145-152.
- Choi H, Wren T, Steele KM, Gastrocnemius operating length with ankle foot orthoses in cerebral palsy. Prosthetics and Orthotics International 2017;41(3):274-285.
- Choi H, Bjornson K, Fatone S, Steele KM, Using musculoskeletal modeling to evaluate the effect of ankle foot orthosis tuning on musculotendon dynamics: a case study. Disability and Rehabilitation Assistive Technology 2015;2:1-6.
- Min SG, Choi H, Lee SH, Hong JH. Dynamic Analysis of Canine Tibialis Cranialis-Ankle Joint Musculoskeletal Structure and Experimental Validation. Journal of Korean Society for Precision Engineering 2007;24(12):20-28.
- Bae TS, Choi H, Kim SK, Moon MS. Effects of Prosthetic Mass Distribution on Musculoskeletal System during Amputee Gait. Journal of Korean Society for Precision Engineering 2007;24(8):130-137.
- Hong JH, Choi H. Flexion, Extension, Abduction, and Adduction Exercise Analyses of Transfemoral Amputee Depending on Variation of the Surgical Method. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 2006;6:2928-2932.
- Gatzert Child Welfare Fellowship, 2016
- Travel Grant by Gait and Clinic Movement Analysis Society, 2016
- University of Washington Research Assistant Scholarship, 2011-2016
- Louis and Katherine Marsh Memorial Fellowship, 2012