Office: ENG I, Room 311
Office Hours: Mondays, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Tian Tian joined the faculty of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in 2013. She received her Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Nebraska Lincoln in 2011. She received her bachelor’s degree in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning engineering from Qingdao Institute of Architecture and Engineering in 2003.
- Thermo property measurement
- Heat transfer
- Thermal fluids
- Inverse problems
- Engineering education with a focus on project-based learning, computer-based assessment and blended learning
- F. DeMara, T. Tian, and W. Howard, “Longitudinal Learning Outcomes from Engineering-Specific Adaptions of Hybrid Online Undergraduate Instruction,” in International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 16(23), 2021. https://doi.org/10.3991/ijet.v16i23.17615
- F. DeMara, T. Tian, S. Salehi, N. Khoshavi, and S. D. Pyle, "Scalable Delivery and Remediation of Engineering Assessments using Computer-Based Testing," in Proceedings of IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC) Princeton, NJ, USA, March 16, 2019.
- Tian, R. F. DeMara, and S. Gao, "Efficacy and perceptions of assessment digitization within a large‐enrollment mechanical and aerospace engineering course," Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 2019, 27(2): 419-429, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22086
- R. F. DeMara, T. Tian, and W. Howard, “Engineering Assessment Strata: A Layered Approach to Evaluation Spanning Bloom's Taxonomy of Learning,” Education and Information Technologies, Springer Publishing, 2019, 24(2): 1147-1171.
- T. Tian and R. F. DeMara, “Lockdown Computerized Testing Interwoven with Rapid Remediation: A Crossover Study within a Mechanical Engineering Core Course,” in Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (IEEE-FIE-18), San Jose, California, USA, October 3 – 6, 2018.
- T. Tian and R. F. DeMara, “High-Fidelity Digitized Assessment of Heat Transfer Fundamentals using a Tiered Delivery Strategy,” in Proceedings of American Association for Engineering Education Annual Conference (ASEE-18), Salt Lake City, UT, USA, June 24 – 27, 2018.
- T. Tian and R. F. DeMara, “Matrix-organized instructional delivery for scaling-up problem-based learning through reallocation of instructional support,” in Proceedings of American Association for Engineering Education Southeastern Section Conference (ASEE-SE-18), Daytona Beach, FL, USA, March 4 – 6, 2018.
- T. Tian, “Incorporating Hands-On Activities into Large Engineering Courses,” UCF Faculty Focus, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 7 – 8, 2017.
- T. A. Kluth, W. Wang, and T. Tian, “Engineering Team Performance: In-Group Bonding Capital vs. Out-Group Bridging Capital,” in Proceedings of Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP 2017), pp. 29 – 34, Orlando, FL, USA, April 27 – 29, 2016.
- Y. Wang, X. Xu, T. Tian, L. Fan, W. Wang, and Z. Yu, “Laminar mixed convection heat transfer of SiC-EG nanofluids in a triangular enclosure with a rotating inner cylinder: simulations based on the measured thermal conductivity and viscosity,” Journal of Zhejiang University-Science A: Applied Physics & Engineering, 2015, 16(6): 478-490
- T. Tian, and K. Cole, “Anisotropic thermal properties measurement of carbon-fiber/epoxy composite material,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2012, 55(23-24):6530-6537.
- UCF CECS Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2021
- UCF Women's History Month, 2019
- UCF Teaching Incentive Award, 2018
- UCF CECS Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2017
- UCF CECS Dean’s Advisory Board Faculty Fellow Award, 2017
- UCF CECS Pi Tau Sigma Advisor of the Year Award, 2017
- UCF CECS Pi Tau Sigma Professor of the Year Award, 2015
- UNL COE Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, 2011
- EGN 3343: Thermodynamics
- EML 3701: Fluid Mechanics
- EML 4142: Heat Transfer 1
- EML 4142: Heat Transfer 2