Office: ENG I, Room 246
Office Hours: Tuesdays, 2-4 p.m., Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sudeshna Pal is a teaching faculty in the mechanical and aerospace engineering department at UCF. She received her Ph.D. in biosystems and agricultural engineering from Michigan State University in 2009 and her master’s and bachelor’s degrees in food and biochemical engineering from Jadavpur University, India, in 2004 and 2002, respectively. Before joining UCF, she was a postdoctoral research associate in the electrical and computer engineering department at the University of Rochester until 2011.
At UCF, she is actively involved in educational research on blended learning, project-based learning, and design education. She has developed a National Institutes of Health-funded educational program entitled “Biodesign Program in Rehabilitation Engineering” for engineering undergraduate students at UCF in collaboration with faculty from College of Medicine and College of Health Professions.
- Engineering education related to blended learning, project-based learning, and design education
- Bio-inspired robotics and systems
- Assistive and rehabilitative devices
- Biomedical sensors
- Pal, S., Steiner, M., Kassab, A. J., Pabian, P., Golden, A., and Ross, E.A., (2022), “An experiential learning based design program in rehabilitation engineering.,” Biomedical Engineering Education Journal, https://doi.org/10.1007/s43683-022-00091-2.
- Pal, S., Ngampornchai, A., and Moskal, P., (2022), “Examining the effect of online lecture viewing behavior on student performance in a flipped classroom blended course,” 2022 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition Content Access.
- Pal, S., and Zaurin, R., (2021), “WIP: Project-based homework: An ongoing study in Engineering Analysis Dynamics,” 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.
- Pal, S., Ngampornchai, A., and Moskal, P., (2020), “Teaching dynamics using flipped classroom blended approach,” 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.
- Stefan, E., Pal, S., and Das, T., (2020), “Bio-inspired locomotion of circular robots with diametrically translating legs,” Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, v12, 011004.
- Pal, S., (2015), “Dynamics of aerial target pursuit,” European Physical Journal, Special Topics on Dynamics of Animal Systems, v224, 3295-3309.
- Pal, S., Lifson, M., Yadav, A.R, Miller, B., and Fauchet, P.M., (2013), “Selective virus detection in complex sample matrices with photonic crystal optical cavities,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics, v4, 229-234.
- Pal, S., Miller, B., and Fauchet, P.M., (2012), “1-D and 2-D photonic crystals as optical methods for amplifying biomolecular recognition”, Analytical Chemistry (Feature Article), v84, 8900-8908.
- Pal, S., and Alocilja, E. C., (2010) “Electrically active magnetic nanoparticles as novel concentrator and electrochemical redox transducer in Bacillus anthracis DNA detection,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics, v26, 1624-1630.
- Gore, A., Chakrabartty, S., Pal, S., and Alocila, E. C., (2006) “A multi-channel femtoampere-sensitivity potentiostat array for biosensing applications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, v53(11), 2357-2363.
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Central Florida, 2022
- Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Central Florida, 2020
- Distinguished Outstanding Graduate Award in Biosystems Engineering, College of Engineering, Michigan State University, 2008
- The Fitch H. Beach Outstanding Graduate Award (third place), College of Engineering, Michigan State University, 2008
- Agricultural Engineering Endowment Fellowship, biosystems, and agricultural engineering department, Michigan State University, 2007
- Gold medal recipient (first place in masters), food and biochemical engineering department, Jadavpur University, 2004
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Online Learning Consortium
- EGN 3321: Engineering Analysis – Dynamics
- EML 4225: Introduction to Vibrations and Controls
- EML4301C: Mechanical Systems Laboratory
- BME3891: Fundamentals of Rehabilitation Engineering
- BME3211: Engineering Biomechanics
- BME 4912: Biodesign Summer Clinical Immersion
- BME6935: Topics in Biomedical Engineering