Jihua "Jan" Gou
Professor, Graduate Program Coordinator
Office: ENG I, Room 381
Office Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2-4 p.m.
Jihua Gou received his bachelor's degree in 1993 and his master's degree in materials engineering in 1996 from Chongqing University. He earned his Ph.D. in materials engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 1999. He also received his Ph.D. in industrial engineering from Florida State University in 2002.
- Composite materials and structures
- Nanocomposite materials
- Multi-functional coatings
- Advanced manufacturing
- Multi-scale modeling of manufacturing processes
- Wang, J. F. Li, H. N. Song, H. Huang, J. Gou, “Highly Stretchable and Wearable Strain Sensors Based on Printable Carbon Nanotube Layers/Polydimethysiloxane Composites with Adjustable Sensitivity,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 7371-7380, (2018)
- Wang, M. Jiang, Z.W. Zhou, J. Gou, D. Hui, “3D Printing of Polymer Matrix Composites: A Review and Prospective,” Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 110, pp. 442-458, (2017)
- Z. Cai, L.Q. Chen, H.Y. Yang, J. Gou, L.F. Cheng, X.W. Yin, H.F. Yin, “Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Carbon Nanotube Buckypaper Reinforced Silicon Carbide Nanocomposites,” Ceramics International, Vol. 42, pp. 4984-4992, (2016)
- Manero, J. Gibson, G. Freihofer, J. Gou, S. Raghavan, “Evaluating the Effect of Nano-particle Additives in Kevlar® 29 Impact Resistant Composites,” Composites Science and Technologies, Vol. 116, pp. 41-49, (2015)
- N. Chen, F.C. Meng, Z.W. Zhou, X. Tian, L.M. Shan, S.B. Zhu, X.L. Xu, M. Jiang, L. Wang, D. Hui, Y. Wang, J. Lu, J. Gou, “One-Step Synthesis of Graphene/Polyaniline Hybrids by in-situ Intercalation Polymerization and their Electromagnetic Properties,” Nanoscale, 6, pp. 8140-8148, (2014)
- Shen, Y. Xu, F. Liang, J. Gou, B. Mabbott “Recovery Torque Modeling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Shape Memory Polymer Nanocomposites,” Applied Physics Letters, 103(20), 201903, (2013)
- Jian, Z.W. Zhou, Q. Zeng, J. Lu, D.C. Wang, J.T. Zhu, J. Gou, Y. Wang, D. Hui, M.L. Yang, “Gas-Induced Formation of Cu Nanoparticle as Catalyst for High-Purity Straight and Helical Carbon Nanofibers,” ACS Nano, 6(10), pp. 8611-8619, (2012).
- F. Zhuge, J. Gou, R.H. Chen, J. Kapat, “Finite Difference Analysis of Thermal Response and Post-Fire Flexural Degradation of Glass Fiber Reinforced Composites Coated with Carbon Nanofiber Based Nanopapers,” Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 43, 2278-2288, (2012)
- B. Lu, F. Liang, J. Gou, “Nanopaper Enabled Shape-Memory Nanocomposite with Vertically Aligned Nickel Nanostrands: Controlled Synthesis and Electrical Actuation,” Soft Matter, 7(16), 7416-7423, (2011).
- Gou, Z.F. Zhao, Y. Tang, F. Liang, D. Firsich, J.C. Fielding, “Carbon Nanofiber Paper for Lightning Strike Protection of Composite Materials,” Composites Part B: Engineering, 41,192–198, (2010).
- UCF Teaching Incentive Program Award, 2017
- Best Poster Award, American Ceramic Society, 2014
- UCF CECS Distinguished Researcher Award, 2012
- Best Paper Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2010
- Society of Advanced Materials Processing Engineers
- American Society of Composites
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- EML 3500: Design and Analysis of Machine Components I
- EML 4504: Design and Analysis of Machine Components II
- EML 5237: Intermediate Mechanics of Materials
- EML 5546: Engineering Design with Composite Materials
- EML 5937: Advanced Composites Engineering
- UCF is Developing Materials to Stop Hydrogen Leaks Like Ones Delaying Artemis Launch
- 10 UCF Graduate Students Awarded Florida Space Grant Consortium Fellowships
- NASA and UCF Collaborate to Develop New High Temperature Powder Coating
- UCF’s First Aerospace Engineering Doctoral Graduate Ready to Take Industry to New Heights