Office: ENG I, Room 216
Office Hours: Zoom only
Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30-6 p.m., Tuesdays, 3-6 p.m.
Tarek A. Elgohary is an assistant professor at the UCF mechanical and aerospace engineering department. He is the director of the Astrodynamics and Space Robotics Laboratory. Before joining UCF, he was a postdoctoral research associate at Texas A&M and a visiting scholar in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of California, Irvine. He received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from the American University in Cairo and his master's degree and Ph.D. in aerospace engineering from Texas A&M University. His research interests are in astrodynamics, optimal control, robotics and space situational awareness.
- Optimal control
- Space situational awareness
- Kalmár-Nagy, Tamas, Csikja, Rudolf and Elgohary, Tarek A., “Nonlinear Analysis of a 2-DOF Piecewise Linear Aeroelastic System”, Nonlinear Dyanmics (2016), vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 739-750.
- Elgohary, Tarek A., Turner, James D. and Junkins, John L., “Analytic Transfer Functions for the Dynamics & Control of Flexible Spacecraft Performing Large Angle Maneuvers”, The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences (2015), vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 168-195.
- Elgohary, Tarek A., Dong, Leiting, Junkins, John L. and Atluri, Satya N., “A Simple, Fast, and Accurate Time-Integrator for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems”, CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences (2014), vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 249 - 275.
- Elgohary, Tarek A., Dong, Leiting, Junkins, John L. and Atluri, Satya N., “Time Domain Inverse Problems in Nonlinear Systems Using Collocation & Radial Basis Functions”, CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences (2014), vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 59 - 84.
- Elgohary, Tarek A., Dong, Leiting, Junkins, John L. and Atluri, Satya N., “Solution of Post-Buckling & Limit Load Problems, Without Inverting the Tangent Stiffness Matrix & Without Using Arc-Length Methods”, CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences (2014), vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 543 - 563.
- Turner, James D. and Elgohary, Tarek A., "A Simple Perturbation Algorithm for Inverting the Cartesian to Geodetic Transformation", Mathematical Problems in Engineering (2013), vol. 2013, Article ID 712729.
- Turner, James D. and Elgohary, Tarek A., “Generalized Frequency Domain State-Space Models For Analyzing Flexible Rotating Spacecraft”, The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences (2012), vol. 59, no. 1-2, pp. 459 - 476.
- Turner, James D., Elgohary, Tarek A., Majji, Manoranjan and Junkins, John L. "High Accuracy Trajectory and Uncertainty Propagation Algorithm for Long-Term Asteroid Motion Prediction", Adventures on the Interface of Mechanics and Control (2012): K. T. Alfriend, M. Akella, J. E. Hurtado, J. Juang, and J. D. Turner, Tech Science Press, Duluth, Georgia, pp. 15 - 34.
- Heep Fellowship, Texas A&M Institute for Advanced Study, 2013-14
- Aerospace Engineering Graduate Fellowship, Texas A&M University. 2012-13
- Regents Fellowship, Texas A&M University, 2008-09
- American Astronautical Society
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- EML 4225: Introduction to Vibrations and Control
- EAS 6507: Topics in Astrodynamics
- EAS 6415: Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Aerospace Engineering Student Aims to Improve Tracking of Space Debris with NASA Award
- UCF is 1 of 7 Universities Selected for Space Force Funding
- MAE Students Win Top Awards at AIAA Regional Student Conference
- UCF Team Uses Machine Learning and Computational Models to Predict Space Junk Movements and Ways to Avoid It