Office: ENG I, Room 314
Office Hours: Thursdays, 1:30-4:30 p.m. and Fridays, 2-5:30 p.m.
Samik Bhattacharya received his B.Tech. from the National Institute of Technology in Warangal, India, in 2005. He received his M.S. in aerospace engineering from Auburn University in 2009, and his Ph.D. from The Ohio State University in 2013. His doctoral research focused on the three-dimensional wake control of circular cylinders with the help of segmented plasma actuators. His postdoctoral work at Queen’s University focused on unsteady fluid dynamics. He is currently working as an assistant professor at UCF. He is also a part of the Center for Advanced Turbine and Energy Research at UCF.
- Experimental fluid mechanics
- Flow control
- Unsteady fluid mechanics
- Fluid-structure interactions
- Ahmed, A., Bhattacharya, S., Ahmed, H., & Moore, M. H. (2020). On the cylinder wake subjected to in-phase and out-of-phase periodic forcing. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 86, 108708.
- Anzalotta, C., Joshi, K., Fernandez, E., & Bhattacharya, S. (2020). Effect of forcing the tip-gap of a NACA0065 airfoil using plasma actuators: A proof-of-concept study. Aerospace Science and Technology, 106268.
- Palogan, B., Kumar, R., & Bhattacharya, S. (2020). Effect of surface coating on droplet generation in flow-focusing microchannels. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 24(9), 1–9.
- Bhattacharya, Samik, & Ahmed, A. (2020). Effect of aspect ratio on the flow over a wall-mounted hemispherical turret. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 84, 108600.
- Bhattacharya, Samik, & Gregory, J. W. (2020). The Effect of Spatially and Temporally Modulated Plasma Actuation on Cylinder Wake. AIAA Journal, 58(9), 3808–3818.
- Ruiz, A., Fezzaa, K., Kapat, J., & Bhattacharya, S. (2020). Measurements of the Flow in the Vicinity of an Additively Manufactured Turbine Leading-Edge Using X-Ray Particle Tracking Velocimetry. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 142(5).
- Joshi, K., & Bhattacharya, S. (2019). Large-eddy simulation of the effect of distributed plasma forcing on the wake of a circular cylinder. Computers and Fluids, 193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compfluid.2019.104295
- Bhattacharya, S., & Gregory, J. W. (2018). Optimum-wavelength forcing of a bluff body wake. Physics of Fluids, 30(1). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4999091
- Neeteson, N. J., Bhattacharya, S., Rival, D. E., Michaelis, D., Schanz, D., & Schröder, A. (2016). Pressure-field extraction from Lagrangian flow measurements: first experiences with 4D-PTV data. Experiments in Fluids, 57(6), 1–18.
- Bhattacharya, Samik, & Gregory, J. W. (2015a). Effect of three-dimensional plasma actuation on the wake of a circular cylinder. AIAA Journal, 53(4), 958–967.
- Bhattacharya, Samik, & Gregory, J. W. (2015b). Investigation of the cylinder wake under spanwise periodic forcing with a segmented plasma actuator. Physics of Fluids, 27(1).
- Bhattacharya, S, & Ahmed, A. (2010a). A note on unsteady impinging jet heat transfer. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 34(5), 633–637.
- Bhattacharya, S, & Ahmed, A. (2010b). Control of cylinder wake using three dimensional disturbances. International Journal of Flow Control, 2(1), 61–72.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2009-present
- American Physical Society, 2011-present
- EML 4306: Energy Systems Laboratory
- EAS 6105: Turbulent Flows
- EAS 4134: High-Speed Aerodynamics
- UCF Researcher Studies Bird Wings to Improve Stability in Aerial Vehicles
- Aerodynamics of Perching Birds Could Inform Aircraft Design
- NSF CAREER Grant Recipients Making Breakthroughs in Healthcare and Engineering
- Two Assistant Professors Selected for NSF CAREER Awards
- UCF Engineering and Biology Researchers Collaborate to Aid Coral Reef Restoration
- Four MAE Alumni Named National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellows