Professor, Biomedical Engineering Program Coordinator
Office: ENG I, Room 381F
Office Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays, 3-6:30 p.m.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida, 1989
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida, 1985
- B.S. in Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, 1982
- Computational heat transfer and fluid flow
- Inverse problems
- Boundary elements
- Meshless methods
- Cardiovascular and congenital heart disease
- Multiscale computational hemodynamics modeling
- Ceballos, A., Prather, R., Divo, E., Kassab, A., and DeCampli, W., "A Patient-Specific Multi-Scale Model Analysis of the Hemodynamics Following the Hybrid Norwood Procedure for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: effects of the reverse Blalock-Taussig Shunt", BMES Journal of Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology, Published online Dec 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13239-018-00396-w.
- Prather, R., Seligson, J., Ni, M., Divo, E., Kassab, A.J., and DeCampli, W., "Patient-Specific Multiscale Computational Fluid Dynamics Assessment of Embolization Rates In the Hybrid Norwood: Effects of Size and Placement of the Reverse Blalock-Taussig Shunt," Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2018, 96(7), pp. 690-700. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjpp-2018-0002.
- Ni, W., Prather, R., Rodriguez, G., Quinn, R., Divo, E., Fogel, M., Kassab, A.J, and DeCampli, W., " Computational Investigation of a Self-Powered Fontan Circulation", BMES Journal of Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology, 2018, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp 202–216 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13239-018-0342-5.
- Kuwazuru, O., Ode, K., Yamada, M., Divo, E., and Kassab, A., "Experimental and Boundary Element Method Study on the Effect of Stress on the Polarization Curve of Cast Aluminum Alloy in Sodium Chloride Solution," Corrosion Science, 2018, Vol. 132, pp. 136-145.
- Jia, Y., Qiao, Y., Maung, A., Argueta-Morales, I.R., Norfleet, J., Bai, Y., Divo, E., Kassab, A., and DeCampli, M., "Experimental Study of Anisotropic Stress/Strain Relationships of Aortic and Pulmonary Artery Homografts and Synthetic Vascular Grafts ," ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, October 2017, Vol. 139, pp 101003:1-6.
- Prather, R., Ni, M., Kassab, A.J., Divo, E.A., Argueta, I.R., and DeCampli, W.M., "Multi-Scale Pulsatile CFD Modeling of Thrombus Transport in a Patient-Specific LVAD Implantation, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 2017, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 1022-1039.
- Zwawi,M., Moslehy, F., Rose, C., Huayamve, V., Jones, B., Divo, E., Kassab, A., and Price "Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: A computational biomechanical model of the path of least energy for closed reduction," Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2017, Vol. 35, No. 8, pp. 1799-1805.
- Huayamave, V., Rose, C., Serra, S., Jones, B., Divo, E., Moslehy, F., Kassab, A.J., and Price, C.T., "A Patient-Specific Model of the Biomechanics of Hip Reduction for Neonatal Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: investigation of strategies for low to severe grades of DDH," Journal of Biomechanics, 2015, Vol. 48, pp. 2026-2033. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2015.03.031
- DeCampli, W.M., Secasanu, V., Argueta-Morales, I.R., Cox, K., Ionan, C., and Kassab, A.J., "External counterpulsation of a systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunt increases coronary blood flow in neonatal piglets, " World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, 2015, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 75-82.
- Argueta-Morales, I.R., Tran, R., Ceballos, A., Osorio, R., Clark, W., Divo, E., Kassab, A., and DeCampli, W., Mathematical modeling of patient-specific ventricular assist device implantation to reduce particulate embolization rate to cerebral vessels, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2014, Vo. 136, No. 7, pp. 071008-1-8. DOI: 10.1115/1.4026498. [Pubmed ID] PMID: 24441718.
Gerace, S., Erhart, K., Kassab, A., and Divo, E., "A Model-Integrated Localized Collocation Meshless Method for Large Scale Three Dimensional Heat Transfer Problems," Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 2014, Vol. 45, pp. 2–19. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enganabound.2014.01.01
Ceballos, A., Argueta-Morales, I.R., Divo, E., Osorio, R., Caldarone, C., Kassab, A., and DeCampli, W., "Computational Analysis of Hybrid Norwood Circulation with Distal Aortic Arch Obstruction and Reverse Blalock-Taussig Shunt," Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2012, Vol. 94, No. 5, pp. 1540-1546. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2012.06.043 ).
- UCF Trustee Chair, 2019
- Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, 2019
- University of Central Florida Pegasus Professor, 2017
- Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2000
- University Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, 2000
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, 2000
- Fellow of the Wessex Institute of Technology, 1999
- MMAE Department, Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, 1994, 1996, 1997, and 1999
- University of Central Florida Teaching Incentive Program (UCF-TIP) Award, 2017, 2011, 2006 and 2001
- State University System of Florida Teaching Incentive Program (SUS-TIP) Award, 1994
- University of Central Florida Research Incentive Award (UCF-RIA), 2014 and 2003
- Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the American Heart Association
- Member of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Member of the Biomedical Engineering Society
- Member of the American Society of Thermal and Fluids Engineers
- Editor of the international journal Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements (Elsevier)
- Associate editor of the international journal Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering (Taylor and Francis)
- Science and engineering area editor for Thermopedia (Begell House)
- Editorial board of the International Journal of Computational Methods and Experimental Measurements (Wessex Institute of Technology Press)
- Editorial board of the International Journal for Engineering Modelling (University of Split)
- International editorial advisory board of the Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computational Mechanics (Institute of Mathematics, Czestochowa University of Technology)
- EML 3034C: Modeling Methods in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- BME 6268C: Applied and Computational Biofluids
- College of Medicine Partnership Fuels Biomedical Engineering Research, Academic Program
- UCF’s New Biomedical Engineering Doctoral Degree Will Advance Research Careers
- Space, Health and Engineering Innovations Make UCF Research Top 10 News List of 2022
- MAE Alumnus Engineers Innovative Solutions to Pediatric Medical Problems
- UCF Researchers Use Engineering Expertise to Solve Problems of the Heart
- MAE Students, Faculty Honored at Founder’s Day Convocation
- Kassab Inducted Into Biological Engineering College of Fellows